In order to achieve the best results from participating in the United World College program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Ukrainian citizen (non-citizens that currently reside in Ukraine may apply through the Global Selection Program or through the national committee of their country of citizenship).
- Be a student of 10th or 11th grade: candidates must be enrolled in 10th or 11th grade of Ukrainian high schools.
- Be 16 or 17 (inclusive) by the time you start attending a UWC college (by September 1, 2021) - see below a table for clarifications.
- Be well-rounded and open-minded: in order to be successful at UWC and properly represent talented Ukrainian youth, candidates must be well-educated and open to new ideas. Candidates must also demonstrate an understanding of what effectively representing Ukraine overseas means.
- Demonstrate an understanding and support for UWC values: an international boarding college is so much more than a regular high school. It's a place for people that see the world the way it is and are trying to make it a better place for all of us.
- Demonstrate highly developed social skills and leadership: being able to convey your thoughts to an audience of people from a variety of academic, cultural, and religious backgrounds is one of the key aspects of international communication and understanding. Moreover, being able to be a leader among such a diverse group of people is crucial for implementing international cooperation and understanding successfully. Which is why candidates are expected to possess leadership and communication skills.
- Being able to speak English: English is spoken both in the classroom and outside of it in most UWC colleges. In order to ensure academic success and the presence of communication, the national committee pays attention to the candidates' level of English during the selection process.
- Demonstrating high levels of academic achievement: academic and extracurriculars requirements at UWC are highly demanding. So in order to make sure that the students are able to participate in a wide range of activities and opportunities while at UWC, they must be highly prepared and successful when it comes to academics.
*Date of birth which is highlighted in bold meets the selection criteria